Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy Info
- Promotes faster recovery from injuries (work, trauma, accident or sports-related)
- Relieves stress and promotes an overall feeling of relaxation, helping you breathe and move more easily
- Increases mobility and provides greater range of motion and joint flexibility
- Alleviates pain and tension, and helps with pain management
- Improves circulation
- Improves and strengthens immune system
- Decreases inflammation
- Relieves pregnancy discomforts
- Relieves musculoskeletal conditions and improves posture
- Reduces anxiety and promotes an overall feeling of well-being
Massage therapists will use a variety of techniques to promote healing and relaxation, as well as to promote greater flexibility and range of motion. When a specific muscle group is injured or contracted, other muscles surrounding the affected area also brace in response to the injury or contraction. Massage helps to improve blood circulation, decrease pain and inflammation, helps to relax the muscles, and makes you feel better.
To find out if Massage Therapy can help you, visit our Massage Therapy Treatable Conditions webpage to see if we can help your specific condition.
Due to certain medical conditions there are times when Massage Therapy is NOT recommended, visit our Massage Therapy Un-Treatable Conditions webpage to find out.
The scientific research available for massage therapy is incredibly vast and ranges thoroughly for all types of conditions. Visit the Touch Research Institute for the scientific facts on what Massage Therapy has been proven to treat here: http://www6.miami.edu/touch-research/Research.html